Friday, January 16, 2009

"The BIG Ride"!

I previously posted about "the pre ride" of the trail for "the big ride" that The Bossman and I did last week. Just because I did it 2x in one week does not mean I will make you do it too! I will just give a bit of info and some new pictures of the same old trail.

The trail goes up into the mountains and across them behind the desert valley and is too long to ride round trip in one day so there are lots of logistic's involved in getting horses and riders to the staging area and then back to the trailers. This requires either a drop off from our stables, or a "bribed" husband to drive your rig down to the pick up area at the end of the ride. Either way...this keeps many who would love to do this ride unable to do so. In spite of all the obstacles we had 14 hardy riders readying their mounts at the staging area for this ride!

In all we had 6 different rigs delivering 14 horses/riders to the staging area.

The Desert Rose and Little Lady are ready ride 15 minutes ahead of schedule! Jesse was in stall rest with "owy toes" from the pre-ride. Seven hours was just too much for him with his problem hooves. So...The Bossman TOLD me I would ride Little Lady! Now... he and I disagree over his Buckaroo name, he says that Bossman is code for "SLAVE"! I just don't understand how he sees it that way when he is the one who tells me who I will be riding??? Cowgirls...what are your thoughts on this???

Gathering at the trail head for ride information and introduction of any "guest riders".

The Desert Rose and Little Lady are at middle of the string, our look backward,

Our look froward!


Potty break...which I never pass up!!!

Picture's of the lunch stop...4 riders had previously planned to only ride a portion of the trail with the group and then turn around and head back down to the staging area and did not eat with us.



The end of the trail!

At the end of the trail, Little lady and I snap photo's as our rider's have all safely navigated the happy trails of "The BIG Ride"! Because of the trailer shuffle this ride was only 5 hours today...not the 7 hours of the pre-ride!

Your Desert Rose!

4 comments:

  1. What fun! Glad eveyone had a safe ride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing all of your desert ride pictures! It makes me want to come down there- NEXT WEEK! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well...you just need to make a room reservation at The Rosa Hosaenda and then get your @#$% down here!
    Your Desert Rose Auntie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very entertaining and that's no horse shit!

    ReplyDelete

We wish you Happy Trails
Jesse and his Desert Rose!