Thursday, January 29, 2009

Lemonade of a Different Flavor!

My niece, Pony Girl passed the Lemonade Stand Award she received from her friends at Fern Valley Appaloosa, There is a Horse in my Bubblebath and Cheyenne, to me... her "lemonade of a different flavor" mentor! Down here in the desert lemonade is code for "cowgirl courage"! Frozen ahead of time... a bottle will stay slushy for several hours on the trail.


Here are the rules:
1. Put the logo on your blog or post.

2. Nominate at least 10 blogs which show great Attitude and/or Gratitude!

3. Link to your nominees within your post.

4. Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.

5. Share the love and link this post to the person from whom you received your award.
6. If you are The Desert Rose you may skip rules 3 and 5 as they are way beyond your skills!



1. I must pass this award on to my PONY COUSIN, Saddle MT. Rider, who is the matriarch of the Pony Cousins, which means she is the oldest of this group. She encourages us to be the best we can, keeps the Pony Cousins get togethers at the top of all our lists and in spite of her physical limitations has gotten back into the horse world! I do believe she prefers Jack over Jose.


2. To my niece Paint Girl and her "cowboy" who have over the years created a wonderful enviorment for their 2 horses, several goats, dogs and cats! Pony Girl's boy lives there too. And for her courage and determination with her equine love to work through "their" issues. But most of all when her hard work payed off and she won the title of "Rodeo Queen" at our Pony Cousin stampede last summer!


3. To Heart of a Cowgirl whose beautiful jewelry designs are just what every cowgirl needs, and she is a desert cowgirl too. Oh...and I just love her BUNNY'S!


4. To Back at the Ranch another desert cowgirl who by the way also designs jewelry! I love reading about other desert cowgirl's adventures and this cowgirl goes looking for adventure!




5. To Palomino Girl...Pony Cousin and the "new mommy" in the group! She "cowgirledthefuckup" (25 cents in the cuss jar!) and rode with us safely last summer preggers! (Dr.'s approval...no lemonade!) She rode till she could not get up into the saddle...I think that was just before they wheeled her into delivery! It was a FILLY!


I am a new blogger and searching out blogs to follow so this is the end of my list. Right now it's all I can do to get a decent post sometimes but I do look forward to keeping track of a few more soon!



There are many kinds of Lemonade, my personal favorite is named for my best friend Jose! You can buy it virgin, straight, premixed, premium mixed or in little individual serving size. If I am riding with a large group of "BUCKARO'S" I usually buy it straight, that way a "BUCKAROO" can add the poison of their chose to it! My everyday choice is the premixed! Just pour it into your water bottle and freeze! A few of my friends LOVE the premium mixed! I personally do not, there is an added ingredient that makes it nearly impossible for me to mount or stay mounted...on my mount! Then there is the individual servings that one must cash in a savings bond to buy! These come in GLASS bottles and go clink, clank, chink along the trail and alert the park ranger's you are drinking and riding!



This is what happens to you when you drink and ride...and get caught! Recognize a certain blond PONY COUSIN with her hands hand cuffed behind her??? Guess she learned the hard way...just don't get caught! See the cousin laughing at her??? Yes, this is the loving bond we PONY COUSIN"S have for each other when it comes between a cousin and her LEMONADE!

Notice that the blond PONY COUSIN has had too much LEMONADE, she is starting to take of all her clothes! She must be too hot ( or thinks she too hot) or thinks it's time for her table top dance!
Notice how this BLOND PONY COUSIN is leaning to the left...must have been that premium mix in her water bottle!


What ever your choice of Jose is... Jesse, Jose and I wish you many happy trails!


Your Desert Rose!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the award Desert Rose Auntie!
    I love seeing that blonde pony cousing a little on the tipsy side! Hopefully we can get her there again this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You haveed so hard with Brandy and it has payed off! And yes, I am sure we will see the "BLOND" cousin tipsy again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That poor blonde cousin....she doesn't look like she had any fun on that trip at all, LOL! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, thats because that poor blonde cousin wasn't on my Tennessee Walker yet! Oh, forgot about the handcuffs. Now that would NOT be fun! But it was fun for everyone else that was there watching! (and taking pictures!):)

    ReplyDelete

We wish you Happy Trails
Jesse and his Desert Rose!