Friday, January 23, 2009

Hoofbeats in My Heart!

In Loving Memory of Zoe!




With a heavy heart I write this blog in memory of Beautiful Zoe! While I was visiting our grandchildren up in the PNW, I received the dreaded but anticipated phone call from Zoe's mom that Zoe's test results from the day before showed that her cancer had spread from her guttural pouches and throat to her lungs. Her surgery and treatment in November that ended with phenomena had failed. Zoe's mom had made the difficult decision of what to do "if" the test results were bad before Zoe went in for the tests. Her choice was hard to make, Zoe is her life... but her mom could not let her suffer anymore and would not be bringing her home. Zoe and her mom fought so hard to cure Zoe of the poisoness cells invading her body. I was so proud of their bravery! I wished that I could have been in the PNW to help and support them with all the care Zoe needed when she came home from the hospital. But they were so lucky to have several "Cowgirls" step up to taking turns with the long list of daily tasks to be done for Zoe.


Zoe gave my family and friends so many safe wonderful hours in the saddle... always with her big heart. We will all miss Zoe and will forever hear her hoof beats in our hearts!




Jesse and his beloved Zoe ready to ride in the 2008, 4 th of July Rodeo Parade.




The Desert Rose!

7 comments:

  1. Dance in HEAVEN sweet Zoe. You will not be forgotten in our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will miss you terribly Zoe! You were a wonderful and beautiful girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sad. So unfair, she was such a good horse with so many years ahead of her. I hope that her owner is doing okay! Our thoughts are with her during this tough time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so saddened to read this. My sweet Annie has cancer also. There will be the time that we will have to make the same decision.

    Zoe will now gallop painfree in Heaven and wait for her beloved owner to join her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sad to here this. What a great horse! I know she's happy and without pain now.

    The GRAND Rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry to hear this. Sweet horses should be able to live forever, I think. But across the rainbow bridge is probably a better place for a pony with cancer. I am sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. tony and i were saddened to hear the news of zoe's passing......r.i.p sweet girl....

    ReplyDelete

We wish you Happy Trails
Jesse and his Desert Rose!